Am I screwed?

Federerfan

I just finished my French SL Paper 2 today.

I did my composition on how I feel about seeing my friend cheat

At the end I concluded that I should pick the most convenient way and just cheat as well. (I gave solid reasoning)

But my friends are telling me that they are going to fail me because it's not 'good' enough

Am I dead?

Yes you're dead and screwed and you're gonna fail the diploma and French and life and school and everything everything everything everything in the universe!

If you've read the Language B syllabus, you would have noted that for an essay to score high, it's not about the general idea of the essay that you're writing, but more about the content. Was your grammar okay? Was it well structured? Was the vocabulary varied? Did you provide both sides of the argument? Did it flow properly? Did you end the essay properly? If anything the examiner might commend you for taking such a risqué stance and being different from the others.

• Like 1

Yes you're dead and screwed and you're gonna fail the diploma and French and life and school and everything everything everything everything in the universe!

Don't scare people more than necessary!

As Aboo said, it depends mostly on the language, so you don't have to worry too much, I think.

No, I don't think you'll be screwed for the following reasons:

1. What you're talking about goes under message in French B - that's only 10/30 marks. If you were to hypothetically get 0 on message (YOU WON'T), you could still get 20/30. On Epreuve 2, that's a 5, which is a pretty good mark! Nevertheless, unless you completely misunderstood the topic or something, you'll probably get at least 5/10 on message. Like everybody else has said, as long as you said it well and justified it well enough, then you should be okay.

2. I did that Epreuve 2 on Thursday, and remember that the topic itself said to share your feelings on it. That's pretty ambiguous; you could've all-out supported it throughout your entire paper if you wanted to, since nothing in the topic is actually stopping you.

Hope this helps. You'll do fine. :)

Don't scare people more than necessary!

As Aboo said, it depends mostly on the language, so you don't have to worry too much, I think.

it's a bit of a stupid question, so the OP should really have expected an aswer like this :)

sorry for being off topic, I'm still getting used to the new forum. Love the automatice multiple quote system we have going on here!

and OP you're fine, I'd be more worried about whether my grammar was alright if I were you