That failing merit of th’intellect takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a pleading phrase? Who would idionts bear,

To grunt and sweat under a stressy course,

But that the dread of seeing parents’ eyes,

The undiscovered courses from whose taught

No student desire take, troubles the will,

And makes us rather bear those pains we have

Than to try some others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,

And thus the nature hue of resolution

Is pwnez0red o’er with the pale cast of threat,

And education of great pitch and moment

With this reputation they don’t turn awry,

And lose sanity within. –Soft you now,

The coordinator! –God, in thy paperwork

Be changing my status quo.

I also posted this on my blog at http://www.johnny-lee.org/article/intellec...one-asks-hamet/

Proofread or edit it for me if you have time! lol

Edit: Wow I spelt Intellect wrong

Edit: Apparently this was merged with another thread. So the thread is now "What do you do in your spare time?"

Edited by Dooga

Hi

I was curious how do you spend your free time? Obviously everybody will say that they meet with friends :) yeah I do it too. But do you have any special passions?? Or what is your best way to relax?

I like sports like swimming, tennis, squash, jogging and basketball. When I feel fed up with my life (and especially with IB) I like to watch old movies or romantic comedies :D And of course I like to go out on Friday or Saturday clubbing :D:)

But the best of it all I like reading... I read everything books, newspapers, leaflets, IB syllabus;)

[Just be sure that when I'm saying "free time" it means very short time (but so pleasure), cut off from a week of lessons and my favourite CAS.]

I think Dooga's To be or not to be thread has been moved about 5 times. Originally from Languages I moved it to Gen IB then I didn't think it fitted, after which it got moved to GD. Then it got chatty so I finally moved it to Chat. I think it's fine here now.

And since it kind of fits with the Free time thread...I merged them. A bit sceptical about the merge but I think it's all right...

Anyway, when I have free time (or no life...kind of the same thing - i.e. free time that isn't spent with friends i.e. having a life...), aside from wasting time on forums, I write. See Writers thread for what I write. Or alternatively I also write when I don't have free time (see Rant thread, page 3 :D ) which is a much worst scenario than having free time and no life. :)

Writing is still my passion. And reading. :)

Or I have days in the vacation when I just watch Chinese dramas. Non-stop. :D Actually it's my plan for the summer, to watch this one drama in full. I don't have time to watch it now...

Hmmm during my free time, I surf the web, and make edits to my blog. Most of the time I try to install sneaky javascript/php scripts that are half written by me to block out those scriptkiddies who like to leave crappy comments.

Edited by Dooga

But honestly, i can't see an IB student, not doing something on their free time, because of the CAS requirement. Haha you have to get those action hours somehow, same with service and creativity. I LOVE acting and my school drama program. I also i love tennis, and although i dislike softball, i do play for my school. I also design stuff for my school clubs, and I'm very involved with the school, from NHS, to EHS, to FHS and Junior Board, I'm constantly moving.

But honestly, i can't see an IB student, not doing something on their free time, because of the CAS requirement. Haha you have to get those action hours somehow, same with service and creativity.

heheh...yeah. In the one hand you can do for CAS what you like and what's your passions. But in the anther when I know that I have-to-do something, then it's not so pleasurable like doing it in these not existing free time, or whatever call it;) Usually when I'm doing sports I'm doing it for CAS. Oh, sorry no, sometimes I play cards with friends...it's also some kind of sport;p don't you thin so?

Once my coach said if I didn't like jogging, I could play cards - is more passive. :D

I like to sleep in my free time. I even can say that I love sleeping^^ not the moment when I fall asleep, but the process of sleeping. It's my free time, when I'm just in a dream :lol:

Edited by Harmonicgirl

When I do get free time, which according to the current work schedule is NONE, I like to spend most of it at home, and do nothing or maybe watch some TV or browse the internet. Or watch a movie with some friends, or just talk. I used to do all those things in IB1, and in IB2, I've seriously got nothing to spend my time on, except homework.

• 1 month later...
What's spare time???

Hmmm....*checks Wordnet.princeton.net*

# time available for hobbies and other activities that you enjoy

# free time: time that is free from duties or responsibilities

Second one, never happens. I'm an adult :worship: There's always responsibilities and duties heh.

But anyway, on my spare time I go online (different message boards), I watch films/episodes, listen to music, read, shop, spend time with family, cook, bake, go out with friends, fika (oh right, thats a swedish word with no equivalent in english. Erm, it means to sit down with some friends or family or so and enjoy drinking a cup of hot/cold beverage and eat something delicious like a chocolate cake/ball/cookie or etc. Often in cafés. Sort of like a coffee break)

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Well, considering the definitions of spare time, I don't really have any. I just have time (like now) when I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork and can't seem to make myself do it. But other than being on the computer I love reading, writing, gymnastics, dance, mock trial, youth in government, math, doing random silly stuff...and lots more.

• 2 years later...