Prom?

bohemian03

• 2 weeks later...

err didn't go.. It was just that I had 6 IB papers and 3 AP (which is like IB on a national level) exams. Plus I didn't want to go with someone and the person who asked me was in IB, ironically, and it would have been too awkward, to say the least.

The theme was "Night at the Oscars"--Very glam. It was held in a large hotel :)

How was yours?

My prom was last year :) . It was on May 25th haha, so everyone had finished exams by then.

It was fun, I went with my (IB) boyfriend, and we had pretty much an all IB party bus with some IB dropouts (they dropped out after IB1) and we all got tables near each other. The theme was Hollywood Red Carpet or something like that.

well ours was just this year february

i dont know what the theme was (i have bad memory) but it was okay it was much better than last year

well starting with the venue XD

i went with a date (just a friend) but my friends were telling me not to go with a date its a burden

and i didnt trust them. it was hard hanging out with my friends since i had to keep my date company

from what i remember, our midterms was right after prom so it made my shoulders heavy (but i still went :P )

the after party was awsome

haha interesting :)

my prom was last saturday and it was a success but now I have all the IAs, commentaries, presentations to do. :/

It's really interesting how you categorize yourselves as IB people and non-IB people... at my school, we're all pretty much the same.

My prom's in two weeks.

I don't have a dress, shoes.

I need a haircut badly.

I haven't decided if I'm going to the afterprom either.

And I just broke up with my boyfriend, so I'm dateless.

Its funny how much I dont want to go to the prom. :)

I was deadset against going before too. Not sure why I'm going now. Oh well, it's "once in a lifetime" so yeah. =/

Shopping is a burdennnnn. So is the whole date thing. ~_~

haha interesting :)

my prom was last saturday and it was a success but now I have all the IAs, commentaries, presentations to do. :/

It's really interesting how you categorize yourselves as IB people and non-IB people... at my school, we're all pretty much the same.

That sounds pretty awesome.

At my school, you have the 20 IB people and then you have the other 600 nonIB. It's not that we don't hang out or talk with everyone, but it's like whenever everyone from English sits together at lunch one day, people are like "Oh there are the IB people." Ridiculous

Edit: What's ironic is that my friend (IB lol) wanted us to go in happy little IB couples. ROFL

Our prom is for juniors and seniors (the last two years before college--11th and 12th). Is that how it works for you guys? Or is it more open? More exclusive?

Edited by sweetnsimple786

Prom is June 17th and we need to have dates by next week because the school is insisting we submit a guest list. My mother comes up to me every day with my sister and asks who I'm taking. How much choice do I have when there are 2 guys in class and the other people I wanna ask aren't in the country? Apparently my school doesn't supporthomosexual couples (because the board is Christian and doesn't get that people take their friends as a joke). I've done the asking for the past 2 years. Pro-active.

And because my school is small (250 people), 9th-12th grade can go to prom. How much do other people's prom tickets cost? This year seniors and their dates are free, and everyone else is paying $15 for the dinner+party. Our dinner is only open to the school and dates, and then outsiders come for the party and they pay about $5 for that.

Do other people have prom king+queen? We also have prom prince+princess, who are the runners up. Last year the girls got fluffy tiaras and the guys got sunglasses instead of sashes and all that fancy stuff.

Prom is June 17th and we need to have dates by next week because the school is insisting we submit a guest list. My mother comes up to me every day with my sister and asks who I'm taking. How much choice do I have when there are 2 guys in class and the other people I wanna ask aren't in the country? Apparently my school doesn't supporthomosexual couples (because the board is Christian and doesn't get that people take their friends as a joke). I've done the asking for the past 2 years. Pro-active.

And because my school is small (250 people), 9th-12th grade can go to prom. How much do other people's prom tickets cost? This year seniors and their dates are free, and everyone else is paying $15 for the dinner+party. Our dinner is only open to the school and dates, and then outsiders come for the party and they pay about $5 for that.

Do other people have prom king+queen? We also have prom prince+princess, who are the runners up. Last year the girls got fluffy tiaras and the guys got sunglasses instead of sashes and all that fancy stuff.

Your prom is cheap. We had ours at the Hilton last year, 9-12th as well. Barely crossed a 100 people, which was probably the largest number of people that attended prom in the last few years. Our tickets were USD50. It was boring though, because lets face it, one cannot have entertainment for all 4 grades as well as attending teachers and principals. Or keep everyone's interest for a long time. And especially when more than half of the attendees aren't fluent in English.

Your prom is so cheap :P! The tickets for my prom were $85 each (included dinner, dance, a professional photo and video of prom). And yeah we had prom king and queen, prince and princess as well.

We're paying $95 per person, Aboo. The place looks really nice though, and we're apparently getting this DJ that dj'd for the Google Inauguration Ball for Obama. Worth the money? Maybe. :P

Yeah, well our cost was roughly S$82 but we sold tickets for S$70 and 75. The student council covered the rest, and the rates were low because I haggled it down with our venue, and we had the school free student DJ, which in hindsight was bad decision. Budget prom in a fantastic location!

Ours is cheap because our student council pays for all of it, the school is so cheap ass that it refuses to subsidize. Altogether the prom that I organized lts year cost $3000, and it took an entire year to raise that much through bake sales and other small activities. We had $400 leftover last year, which never happens. This year the prom is cheaper because people used their family connections to get a low price in a hotel. But other schools here charge about $50 for prom, which people consider expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our ball was in January, if i remember that correctly. I think we had to pay about 30 euros, most of which we got back anyway for doing stuff for the prom (selling drinks, organizing, dancing). But i think the school did a lot of subsidizing anyway. The theme was "Face the space!" and each class had to have an alien/outer space related dance.

It's mainly for the seniors, although other people may come too (not many do, though. Dates were not required though.

It was fun, but i'd have to say that the afterprom was much more entertaining.