Danish law concerning marriage

Tilia

Sure, I don't think you should marry just to be allowed to stay in the country, but as far as I know, the Danish government isn't very firendly inclined towards refugees and foreigners.

And as Vvi said, it must be hard to be Danish and falling in love with a foreigner, then you have to move out.

Ehh I personally think the Danish government is VERY friendly towards refugees and foreigners.. and they have only recently become more strict (but not NOTICEABLY in comparison to many other countries *cough*America*cough*) now during the crisis.... being a foreigner in Denmark and living off the government is a very common (and apparently comfortable) thing.. I have lived in many countries and Denmark is the only country that I have experienced that actually had a special class for foreigners where kids of all ages and nationalities are grouped together and taught Danish (amongst other subjects, it's called modtageklassen). I'm not saying it's SUPER easy to move there, of course there are regulations, and it is a bit stricter in Copenhagen, but GEEZ if Denmark is portrayed as an ''unfriendly country towards foreigners'' then I want to hear how America is perceived in regards to foreigners!! I'm sooo shocked by reading some of these comments on this thread..