Converting files to .pdf format

What's a good method that I can utilize to convert my files to .pdf format easily without having to download anything? I've tried installing a printer add-on program to my Word, but that basically crashed it, so I'm looking for alternative methods that aren't too difficult to use. I have some resourceful things (practice math portfolios, practice history IA (under the new mark scheme of 25), French resources, etc.), and I'd love to post them on the site!

You can download CutePDF, that shouldn't cause any harm on your computer. Once installed, print the document and choose the printer as 'CutePDF Writer' and then proceed to save it as PDF.

If you have Word 2007, it's very easy to convert Word files to PDF's. All you do is open the file in Word, click on "File" in the menu bar, "Save as", and then click "Publish as PDF". This will keep a copy of the original Word file as well as the new PDF one. It may be possible to save Word documents as PDF's in older versions of Word, but I'm not sure and haven't tried (if it is, it should also be under "File")

If you have Word 2007, it's very easy to convert Word files to PDF's. All you do is open the file in Word, click on "File" in the menu bar, "Save as", and then click "Publish as PDF". This will keep a copy of the original Word file as well as the new PDF one. It may be possible to save Word documents as PDF's in older versions of Word, but I'm not sure and haven't tried (if it is, it should also be under "File")

Ahh, yes, I downloaded something that allowed me to do so with MS Word 2007. :panic: Merci merci.