November 2007 Exams Countdown Thread

Survival Robot

Oh my God, I completely forgot! Damn, I wanted to start it! :P

Okay, Novemberites - this is it. Only a month and a half left, and then we are outta here forever! (Not the forum, of course. Just IB. :wub: )

So I think we should all write down what we need to improve on over the next 30 days, and how we plan to do it. We can help each other out, and post here how much of our goal we achieved each day. Let's get those 7s rolling in!! I'll go first.

History: Major improvement needed. 70 hours.

Psychology: Also struggling. 70 hours.

Physics: Okay, but could still be much better: 60 hours.

Maths: Pretty good. But I just want to make sure it's a 7. 40 hours.

I'm pretty much set for English and French, so overall that's 240 hours/30 days = 8 hours per day. That's not so bad, considering I'm aiming for 7s in everything.

Okay, now you guys go. Even if you're not doing exams this November, you can still set some goals and we'll encourage you! Go team IB!!! :P

Damn...as if I needed anything else to add to the tension. Thanks a lot HMS :wub:

And...whoa, Caitlin, how the hell could you calculate the number of hours? I don't have the patience to do that right now, sorry, but I admire your dedication.

Right now I can't say much about my "position" but the revision is going steadily I think (touch wood).

I figure that we only have 28 days left, so I can work my *** off for 28 days.

Here are my hours:

English A1 SL - 20 commentaries(for each poem studied (P2)) + past papers - 60 hours

Spanish ai SL - 20 hours just to get my vocab down and only 3 past papers to do

Geography HL - 40 hours, past papers + case studies + notes

Biology HL - 40 hours, past papers + notes

Chemistry HL - 40 hours, past papers + notes

Mathematics SL - 60 hours, past papers + notes + other questions

Caitlin your only studying for 4 subjects. I suppose you're like fluent in french but wat about English don't you have to learn quotes and all the facits of the books/dramas/poems/short stories/wateva else you can do for paper 2. Have you seen the questions for the HL p2 they are stupidly hard, especially in comparison to SL eg for my mock exam i choose "How is place used in at least 3 poems from at least 2 poets." how easy is that, I got a 7 and we had only done 2 poets out of 4. But HL ""Art is on the side of the oppressed." Evaluate the means by which two or three works in your study either cnfirm or raise questions about the validity of theis assertion."

Edited by Bandev

Haha Bandev - I'm doing drama, not poetry. :P I'm pretty sure I've got my languages under control; my Mum's an English teacher, so luckily I inherited some good essay writing genes.

Had my Maths mock exams today and did reeeaaaallllly badly. So I came straight home and did questions for two hours. Now only 38 more to go for Maths! :wub:

But yeah, those poetry questions are pretty nasty. Drama's not quite so bad.

Yeah poetry is pretty cerebral, but it is lucky that you have the essay writing genes, I on the other hand have none, and have had to work on it. Ahh self-pity my saving grace.

I assure you that I did worse on the my mock maths exams I got the worst percentages for both that I have ever got in anything ever. But I am still aiming for a 7, he he. I did 3 hours of maths today, so now I have 57 hours left. Brilliant.

Yeah poetry is pretty cerebral, but it is lucky that you have the essay writing genes, I on the other hand have none, and have had to work on it. Ahh self-pity my saving grace.

I assure you that I did worse on the my mock maths exams I got the worst percentages for both that I have ever got in anything ever. But I am still aiming for a 7, he he. I did 3 hours of maths today, so now I have 57 hours left. Brilliant.

Hehe, I reckon I got 50 - 60% on my Maths exam. My teacher's gonna freak out because she's counting on me to be one of her 7s. It's okay - I just have to revise a bit. Done 2.5 hours so far. I actually sat down yesterday and wrote some stuff for English as well, which I've never done before. :P I feel very organised. Congratulations for getting 3 hours done. I think I'll have to work my way up to that. :P

Am I the only one not counting hours? My friends keep asking me how many hours of revision I do ever day, it's starting to piss me off now. For me it's the amount of work that gets done, which counts...as long as I do the amount of work I had initially planned to do, I'm cool.

Well, whatever works for you. Personally it's a hell of an achievement for me to sit down in one place and do any work for more than about 20 minutes, so the fact that I can say I've done it for an hour a day encourages me to keep going. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, my study is not going well - I am increddddibly lazy. I just drew up a timetable for myself over the next 22 days. Hopefully I'll be able to force myself to stick to it and actually get something done. :lol:

I got the results of my mock exams back - I got 7s for English and French, and did reeeaaaalllly badly in everything else - basically everything that actually involves learning stuff. I must get to work! Hope everyone else's revision is going well. :D

See you all on the other side. :D