Need some answers and views on this.

My school has this thing that we cannot do CAS for something that we already know/ have done before, like I can't take tennis for action since I already play it. So I am doing Teakwondo for my Action. Since I am learning a new skill as well as doing the kicks and stances, which falls under exercise, so can I get hours for both Creativity and Action or not?

Master Oz. :blink:

That sounds pretty strict - having to take up something new in order to get the hours. I find that pretty limiting, so I'm glad that at my school, the possibilities are pretty open ended.

I would ask your IB coordinator about it since I guess restrictions seem to differ all over.

My school has this thing that we cannot do CAS for something that we already know/ have done before, like I can't take tennis for action since I already play it. So I am doing Teakwondo for my Action. Since I am learning a new skill as well as doing the kicks and stances, which falls under exercise, so can I get hours for both Creativity and Action or not?

Master Oz. :)

Um, I think tenns would count if you decide to coach tennis to a group of younger students - you've played it before but not coached it ! :)

Yeah. Divide up the hours for creativity and action depending on your needs for each type of hours XD

Master Oz. :wtf:

Hello!

At my school, last year, my IB coordinator organized some Tango classes after school, and she told us we could count those classes as either Creativity or Action hours. Obviously not double count them, but some friends had no Creativity hours at all and got some from there, while I wrote it under Creativity...

I would you could get hours for either of them, but not both at the same time...

Good Luck!

Hmm.. I'm not so sure you can do it for both creativity and action.

In my school, the IB coordinater insisted on not allowing students to take up any activity for CAS unless its beneficial to somebody else, so unfortunately, CAS for me wasn't all that I thought it could be.. =(

Just to add to these replies, at my school, up to 20 hours from one activity can be used in one catagory. That is, if I were to take up yoga and log 50 hours of it, I would be able record 20 hours for creativity and 20 for action.

Our CAS director hasn't really explained "creativity" explicitly, so I'm not sure if your coordinator would accept your activity as creativity.

• 1 month later...