I need to choose a math IA topic - art

JessLV

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 8:14 PM, JessLV said:

I need to choose a math IA topic but I wanted to base it off of something with art. We were told not to do the golden rule. anyone got any ideas I could go off of? I am in a IB SL mathematics class.

Here are a few ideas for math IA topics that involve art:

1. Analyzing patterns and symmetries in artworks: Choose an artwork, such as a painting or sculpture, and examine the patterns and symmetries that are present in the work. You could use math concepts such as symmetry groups, tessellations, and Fibonacci sequences to analyze the artwork.
  2. Measuring and comparing the dimensions of artworks: Choose several artworks, such as paintings or sculptures, and measure the dimensions of each work. You could use these measurements to compare the size, shape, and proportion of the works, and discuss any patterns or trends you observe.
  3. Analyzing the distribution of colors in artworks: Choose an artwork and use math concepts such as frequency distributions and histograms to analyze the distribution of colors in the work. You could compare the distribution of colors in different artworks, or examine how the distribution changes over time within a single artist's oeuvre.
  4. Modeling the shapes and forms in artworks: Choose an artwork and use math concepts such as trigonometry and calculus to model the shapes and forms in the work. You could create mathematical models of the artwork and use them to explore the relationships between different elements of the work.

I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for your math IA! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 1 month later...

There are many interesting math IA topics that can be based on art. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

1. Fractal Geometry: Fractals are complex shapes that have a repeating pattern at different scales. They are used in art, architecture, and design. You can explore fractal geometry by studying the Mandelbrot set, which is a set of complex numbers that have a particular property. You can analyze the fractal properties of the set, such as its dimension and self-similarity, and how they relate to art.
  2. Fibonacci Numbers: The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers in which each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, starting from 0 and 1. Fibonacci numbers appear in many natural phenomena, such as the growth patterns of plants, and they also have connections to art. You can investigate the Fibonacci sequence and its properties, such as the golden ratio, and how they relate to art and design.

Best math homework help websites.

Edited by alanna37