World Lit essays

HJ:)

Oh my goodness...World Lit papers. It feels like ages since I've written them!

For World Literature I, I discussed how family relationships develop the themes in Black Rain and Like Water for Chocolate. For WLII, I decided to do an epilogue to One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, because I would have rather stuck pins in my eyeballs than write another comparative essay. *laughs*

We got told about them a couple of weeks ago and told to start formulating topics, I think mine will be on The School For Wives and Antigone. I've got a few topics, I either want to look at the madness of the antagonists or the use of language features. My teacher told me that it is recommended that we do an essay with a specific language feature in the topic, but I prefer my topics that focus on characters :/

• 2 months later...

For World Lit 1 I did narration in Black Rain and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. Then for World Lit 2 I went to the creative writing of Antigone's diary from Sophocles' Play rather than another essay format assignment. I dislike essays. :D

Edited by Dark Matter

• 4 weeks later...

"The Role of Changing Women" in Miss Julie by August Strindberg and The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea by Yukio Mishima (Mishima's novel title certainly helped up my word count). For my WLII I wrote a pastiche of Banana Yoshimoto's Kitchen. Believe it or not, I actually had fun writing the second one because it was like creative writing. Hurray!

I decided to compare/contrast and evaluate the effective use of pathetic fallacy in Yukio Mishima's The sailor who fell from grace with the sea and William Golding's Lord of the Flies.

For my LM2 I'm analysing whether Kafka was a masochistic or sadistic author when writing (elements of) The Metamorphosis.

WL1: In Control: The Manipulation of Madness in Death and the Maiden and Accidental Death of an Anarchist

WL2: An exploration of sensory imagery (smell and taste) in Like Water for Chocolate and The Moor’s Last Sigh

Damnit, was so close to a 7. WL1 probably brought my mark down, haha. :P