bio internal assessment mark

hk213

Definitely a 7. But it can definitely go up or down. My Physics IAs got moderated from a 41 to a 21. So don't get your hopes up too high.

Wow, that frightens me. Is this a frequent occurrence for Group 4 IAs? Does anyone know what the average mark up/down is?

Definitely a 7. But it can definitely go up or down. My Physics IAs got moderated from a 41 to a 21. So don't get your hopes up too high.

wow. was this from a teacher's 41 to the moderator's 21 right? yeah, I think thats what this means.

I have my biology one coming up and I am really scared, but my teacher grades extremely harsh. Same with chemistry. so I think if I meet their standards, it will all be okay.

My IA right now for biology is : an investigation into the effect of different concentrations of gibberelic acid and (unkown depressant) on the rates of chirps per minute?

I heard about that... but I also heard it was due to the examiners using the wrong criteria to grade you

How did you hear about that?

And yes to everyone above, it was a teacher's mark downgraded. As a matter of fact, there were 2 teachers that marked my IAs. Meh the IBO ****ed up all my IAs so one more one less, who cares?

Guest Philippe Arni
How did you hear about that?

And yes to everyone above, it was a teacher's mark downgraded. As a matter of fact, there were 2 teachers that marked my IAs. Meh the IBO ****ed up all my IAs so one more one less, who cares?

our IB coordinator told us..... lol moderators are sad ppl that's for sure

I learned like not too long ago that if you use large intervals of a variable they take off major points.

Like if you are testing pure caffeine, they want like intervals of 0.2%, 0.3%, 0.4%.

there really is a lot surrounding the mystery of IAs. They really should be more specific.

do you know what could have gone wrong with your lab? Anything in particular you relaized afterwards, cause I have my biology one coming up and I am just making it complicated. I want to study bioluminance or effect of stimulant/depressant on the rate of chirps in crickets.

The physics teacher in my school is a total ass and most students get 3's or 4's in his classes. And every year the IB takes off about 10 points for his students' IA's. And he's a harsh grader. So I'm not holding out much hope for my Biology IA's, because I think our teacher gave marks too easily and we'll all lose like 15.