Assesment of cas

Mir

Why would they moderate them? :( .

Ours have not been moderated for years, though a visiting examiner came to take a look at them last year.

Not 'moderated' per se but sent in to check that hours are real and proper protocols have been followed. That's what my old CAS coordinator told me anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was told that CAS is not moderated.

Ours has been. Our school got warned because somebody wrote their reflections in an inappropriate tone and didn't take it seriously enough. They definitely do read over them-- I think it's just infrequent. I'm pretty sure I remember our teacher saying that it was the only year they've ever had any CAS material called up.

Ours are, they always ask for about 5 diaries. I don't mind if mine is sent, apparently my coordinator told me I did my evaluations properly (made up some stuff about how various team sports have benefitted me and also took the chance to complain about how our school didn't help student council at all, which made us "gain more independence"). Make up a few weaknesses like you would for science lab experiments, suggets improvements and what you'd do differently.