Intelligent TV Shows?

I like to watch seasons upon seasons of a television series in one sitting. One of my greatest guilty pleasures. My brain is pretty much rotted though, after having watched two seasons of Gossip Girl in one session, haha. So yeah, I was wondering if there are any "intelligent" TV shows that you guys could recommend? Some that I already really enjoy: 24, CSI, Bones, and House.

Edited by greaterthaninfinity

Right now I'm working on all 8 seasons of Smallville. I'm at the end of season 2 haha.

Other TV shows I enjoy:

- Big Bang Theory

- How I Met Your Mother

- House

I also watch Prison Break, 24 and Heroes but these 3 are no longer that enjoyable for me. I mainly watch just because I've watched them from the beginning so I figure I might as well continue.

Other intelligent shows I can think of are NCIS, Law and Order, etc but I've personally never watched them.

CSI and Lost are good. In CSI you learn tons about forensic work and Lost just plays with your mind, making you think there's supernatural things and it also asks ethical questions about experimentation on humans, leaving people to die when you're struggling to survive, etc.

And Grey's anatomy presents all these rare medical cases, and at the same time it has relationship drama and personal lives. I think future med students should watch it coz it's great for learning about the life of interns and residents, as well as normal medical caes lke cancer. There's always some heart-breaking cases of children being terminally ill or husbands' losing wives in surgery.

And I watch Gossip Girl too XD Guilty pleasure and guilty of being a fashion addict. I love Blair.

Law and Order SVU is the BEST, i love ittt its amazing...! Anyways yea i watch Law and Order,CSI,Bones,House,Grey's Anatomy, Anything medical lol, Watched first 3 season of 24, My new love has become Brother's and Sister's it portrays a family SOO ACCURATELY

My "intelligent" comedy of choice is The Office. A lot of people don't agree, I know, but I find the story plots to be quite witty and thoroughly clever while keeping the show hilarious. Its the only show I've actually been keeping up with lately. I definitely recommend it and the episodes are only getting better.

They're up to season 5.

And Grey's anatomy presents all these rare medical cases, and at the same time it has relationship drama and personal lives. I think future med students should watch it coz it's great for learning about the life of interns and residents

This is actually very true. A friend of mine told me that she can't bring herself to watch the show anymore because it's too much like her real life :)

Why has no one mentioned Fringe??? Fringe is awesome because it goes into a lot of experimental science and has that sci-fi abnormal mystery quality. Plus it is by the same guy who does Lost but unlike Lost you can follow the plot even if you haven't watched every other episode leading up to wherever you start.

I like to watch seasons upon seasons of a television series in one sitting. One of my greatest guilty pleasures. My brain is pretty much rotted though, after having watched two seasons of Gossip Girl in one session, haha. So yeah, I was wondering if there are any "intelligent" TV shows that you guys could recommend? Some that I already really enjoy: 24, CSI, Bones, and House.

gossip girl ^^v

watching series in one sitting.. lately, i've been endulging myself with kdramas and jdramas..

having an excuse for the latter, which is that they help me learn jap! haha

but otherwise.. i should stop.. better concentrate on IBs.. geez

cos unfortunately, my tastes have absolutely nothing to do with 'educational' ..

the less realistic, the better.. >.<

My "intelligent" comedy of choice is The Office. A lot of people don't agree, I know, but I find the story plots to be quite witty and thoroughly clever while keeping the show hilarious. Its the only show I've actually been keeping up with lately. I definitely recommend it and the episodes are only getting better.

They're up to season 5.

I really didn't like the office in the begining. I went through it just because I was bored. But it really does have its charm.

I agree with the others: Big Bang Theory, House, ect, but I am addicted to one that is not on the list: LOST. I am not sure if it is really intellectual, but it is the way me and my friends watch it (we are behind, so we host marathons to catch up. We point out all of the allusions to each other and try to solve the mysteries).

House, Dexter, LOST, Heroes, Greenwing, The Office (but the original one, I find the subsequent ones don't deal with the jokes as well.. that and Tim is unbeatable), Extras andd I know it's not a current show, but Blackadder. Even if some of them aren't all that intelligent, they're still great programmes :)

I've never heard of something called the Big Bang Theory o.O

• 2 weeks later...