Intelligent TV Shows?

• 2 weeks later...

Can "Bones" really be called intelligent? Anyone who's seen one of the latest episodes portrays intelligent scientists as "creepy." I mean, I knew FOX was anti-intellectual, but this is extreme...

ALSO. This blog has a doctor who does medical reviews of HOUSE whenever it comes out and comments on how accurate or absurd the medicine is each week! It's awesome! (It also comments of Fringe if you look around.)

Can "Bones" really be called intelligent? Anyone who's seen one of the latest episodes portrays intelligent scientists as "creepy." I mean, I knew FOX was anti-intellectual, but this is extreme...

ALSO. This blog has a doctor who does medical reviews of HOUSE whenever it comes out and comments on how accurate or absurd the medicine is each week! It's awesome! (It also comments of Fringe if you look around.)

Which blog would that be?

• 2 months later...

I'd call quite a few British TV shows intelligent. That includes "Life on Mars" (I hear they made a US version of it...pshaw)...a bunch of BBC adaptations like "Cranford" and "Pride and Prejudice" (with Colin Firth. Some of the best television I've ever seen in that adaptation)...old British comedies like Fawlty Towers (classic), Blackadder and 'Allo 'Allo (LOVE it). Foyle's War! That's really good too. And "Coupling" (apparently they made a US version of that as well but it flopped). There seem to be quite a few US remakes of British shows: the Office, Coupling, Life on Mars...and I hear they're going to make a US version of Primeval which I hope won't be messed up.

OH, and has anyone watched Hustle? It was brilliant until Marc Warren and Jaime Murray...I think that's her name...left. After that the show and the cons became so obvious. Such a good show though.

As for American shows, I love House, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs (it went downhill towards the end but I still remain loyal) Friends (classic XD) and I used to love Bones. Now it seems really silly. The Stewie episode made me die a little inside.

I have other shows I love...I watch waaayyy too much television. :D