Theatre Oral TPPP thing

Boatkicker

Mine is on saturday, and I dont know what it is. Our teacher told us that basically we get up there adn talk for 20 minutes and we need to have pictures, btu what are we supposed to talk about? She hasn't told us anything really, and when I asked her she just told me we would "talk later" adn she's been saying this for far too long for me to wait any longer.

Oh the oral :)

Basically, what you do is talk about your IB theatre experience. Here's what to do:

- Definitley have visuals (apparantly IB loves visuals); 7-10 images HL; 5-7 images SL

- Images can be arranged in a slide show (like Power Point) or photos

- Don't mention your IPP at all (you will get points tatken off)

- Talk about failure, lots and lots of failure, and what you've learned from that failure (because IB likes to hear about failure)

- Talk about any roles you've played in the theatre (acting, costume, set, etc.) and what you learned from it (tie in failure somehow)

- Talk about success but not like "I did this and it worked perfectly" more like "At first, I tried this, but it didn't work so I did this" (that ties in failure and the learning process)

- Make sure to mention Theatre in making, Theatre in world, etc. in oral.

- Focus on full theatre journey (sorry for the mix up)

Good luck...I mean...break a leg on Saturday!! :)

Edited by Zasxee
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that in the IB OCC they have two really bad TPPP examples (like 14/40, horrible things), but does anyone know if there are GOOD examples with examiner remarks? I find it deconstructive to listen to bad examples. Also, check out these two awesome IB Theatre websites:

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/gradyj/IB_Theatre.htm

http://www.bisnet.or.id/vle/mod/resource/view.php?id=4829

• 2 weeks later...

I know that in the IB OCC they have two really bad TPPP examples (like 14/40, horrible things), but does anyone know if there are GOOD examples with examiner remarks? I find it deconstructive to listen to bad examples. Also, check out these two awesome IB Theatre websites:

http://hrsbstaff.edn.../IB_Theatre.htm

http://www.bisnet.or...iew.php?id=4829

yeah i need a good example as well... anyone have one?

Here's a tip from my teacher:

Remember it's presentation. To get in the 9-10 markband for most of the criteria, you need to perform the task with (quote IB Syllabus) "flair, imagination and clarity". So if you're going to talk about your monologue that you performed, perform a bit of the monologue! Apparently IB loves that stuff.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hey

I am writing my TPPP as I speak. I have my test run tomorrow the "mock"

and I was just wondering... I am writing about when I directed a play and performed as the maincharacter in the same because our second performance was 2 plays that we performed... and i am then also talking about our last performance which was Waiting for Godot. my question is then, can i not do this? Do I have to choose to talk about one of the plays from the second performance? Because I should be able to talk about both right?

they were very short also? Please tell me I can do this!

haha, but be truthful of coures.

Thank you

Amanda

Hey

I am writing my TPPP as I speak. I have my test run tomorrow the "mock"

and I was just wondering... I am writing about when I directed a play and performed as the maincharacter in the same because our second performance was 2 plays that we performed... and i am then also talking about our last performance which was Waiting for Godot. my question is then, can i not do this? Do I have to choose to talk about one of the plays from the second performance? Because I should be able to talk about both right?

they were very short also? Please tell me I can do this!

Yes you can, but remember to synthesize the information thematically, not just summarize your whole course. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you are only allowed to focus on 2 main aspects of your IB Theatre course. For my TPPP, I thought of two main things that i experienced because of my IB Theatre course. 1. My growth and development as an actor, and my interest in Set Design.

"Students at HL should speak for 30 minutes and select between 7 and 10 images. Students at SL should

speak for 20 minutes and select between 5 and 7 images. Given these restraints, an exhaustive analysis

of the selected topic is not expected and students should be encouraged to focus on one or two

experiences/productions from the course that enable them to reflect on the course in its entirety."

So, only focus on one or two experiences, or productions. I believe this part of the assessment is commonly overlooked. We only realised this existed 2 weeks before our orals.

Good luck :angrymob:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm....

I never noticed that. But I've done fine (6) on mine without doing that. I think what they're afraid of is people (and I've seen this happen, and my teacher flipped out) trying to summarize the whole course, which is obviously impossible. It should be obvious to you what to reflect on for a long time and what to leave out. I typically leave out the scriptwriting unit because I didn't really do anything that was meaningful to me.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My TPPP mock exam is tomorrow and I was wondering if i could use all three worlds of theatre : making, performance and world, as an outline firstly talk about achievements, failures, reflection...etc for theatre in performance and then do the exact same for theatre in the making and world theatre?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm....

I never noticed that. But I've done fine (6) on mine without doing that. I think what they're afraid of is people (and I've seen this happen, and my teacher flipped out) trying to summarize the whole course, which is obviously impossible. It should be obvious to you what to reflect on for a long time and what to leave out. I typically leave out the scriptwriting unit because I didn't really do anything that was meaningful to me.

Can you post a copy of yours??

I'm doing mine next week and I'd really appreciate it :DDD