Help with CAS service

hawyeet

I plan on teaching my friends Japanese as my service. But my school said that I can't have friends as my target community, and that it's because the IB said so. However, I checked the CAS guide and couldn't find this information. Can anybody confirm if doing service for your friends is not an appropriate service?

5 hours ago, hawyeet said:

I plan on teaching my friends Japanese as my service. But my school said that I can't have friends as my target community, and that it's because the IB said so. However, I checked the CAS guide and couldn't find this information. Can anybody confirm if doing service for your friends is not an appropriate service?

I'd recommend contacting your head of year/ form tutor and set up a Japanese teaching club/CCA. This way you can still teach your friends but it appears more official and you wont run into any issues... I did this with knitting for refugees as my CAS project

On 10/26/2021 at 5:11 AM, hawyeet said:

its totally considered an appropriate service idk why ur school said that but maybe don't mention to them that its ur friend? or just do like the previous comment suggested