Biology IA?????

kkkt7790

hi. I'm in panic mode right now cause my IA is due in exactly 28 days. I've written about 3 drafts but they're all really bad and idk what to do anymore. If anyone has done an online simulation, please inform me which website. 

It doesn't only need to be an online simulation, I just need ideas cause I don't have much time and I'm really anxious

On 10/5/2021 at 10:19 PM, kkkt7790 said:

hi. I'm in panic mode right now cause my IA is due in exactly 28 days. I've written about 3 drafts but they're all really bad and idk what to do anymore. If anyone has done an online simulation, please inform me which website. 

It doesn't only need to be an online simulation, I just need ideas cause I don't have much time and I'm really anxious

hey, trust me 28 days is plenty of time for you to finish your IA as long as you know how to structure it and what exactly you are going to investigate. for the your research question base it on one of the AHL topics if you are doing hl bio if not then there are similar topics that you can work on easily and will score you well like enzymes that's a really good topic, so something similar to the research question from the image I've attached. also going through IA samples helps a lot. though I'm not sure if your school provides equipment that could be used for investigations relating enzymes, if they don't then do something like 'the effect of fertilizers on plants....'. I've attached some samples that scored high, they're annotated by examiners too, as well as the marking criteria which if you followed you'll definitely get a good grade  (check the IA section in the 2016 onwards syllabus too it helps). i haven't finished mine either btw so don't stress too much, good luck with your IA I'm sure you'll do great!!!

https://www.thinkib.net/biology/page/21859/marking-rigour-ia-assessment-criteria 

image.thumb.png.9265cd3be66b4d5248fccd850fafdb7f.png

ia sample 4 19of24.pdf ia sample2 19of24.pdf ia sample 3 19of24.pdf ia sample 1 21of25.pdf IA help.docx

Edited by faten

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, faten said:

hey, trust me 28 days is plenty of time for you to finish your IA as long as you know how to structure it and what exactly you are going to investigate. for the your research question base it on one of the AHL topics if you are doing hl bio if not then there are similar topics that you can work on easily and will score you well like enzymes that's a really good topic, so something similar to the research question from the image I've attached. also going through IA samples helps a lot. though I'm not sure if your school provides equipment that could be used for investigations relating enzymes, if they don't then do something like 'the effect of fertilizers on plants....'. I've attached some samples that scored high, they're annotated by examiners too, as well as the marking criteria which if you followed you'll definitely get a good grade  (check the IA section in the 2016 onwards syllabus too it helps). i haven't finished mine either btw so don't stress too much, good luck with your IA I'm sure you'll do great!!!

https://www.thinkib.net/biology/page/21859/marking-rigour-ia-assessment-criteria 

image.thumb.png.9265cd3be66b4d5248fccd850fafdb7f.png

ia sample 4 19of24.pdf 700.65 kB · 1 download ia sample2 19of24.pdf 333.74 kB · 1 download ia sample 3 19of24.pdf 526.26 kB · 1 download ia sample 1 21of25.pdf 558.11 kB · 1 download IA help.docx 12.32 kB · 1 download

There are also some great IA examples on https://tibertutor.com/ib-useful-resources