Is my ee question focused enough?

cupcakeandoliveoil

hey I can’t decide which question would be better, could I have some opinion? any tips on how to improve would be amazing too thank you!

q1. Why does the issue of rising childhood obesity call for government intervention and how does such intervention in the [country] compare and contrast intervention in [another country]? —> economics

q2. How do eating habits affect the obesity rate in [country] and how can it affect them in adulthood? —> biology & psychology 

q3. How do eating habits among the lower income group in [country] affect their obesity rates? —> biology & economics

I've heard that doing an EE in several subjects usually doesn't work out too well - in general, maybe you could specify "eating habits" a bit more, also make sure that you have lots of sources and statistics for the specific thing you choose

the IB also has an EE syllabus for different subjects as well as generally, so that might be worth checking out

On 6/22/2021 at 6:02 AM, cupcakeandoliveoil said:

hey I can’t decide which question would be better, could I have some opinion? any tips on how to improve would be amazing too thank you!

q1. Why does the issue of rising childhood obesity call for government intervention and how does such intervention in the [country] compare and contrast intervention in [another country]? —> economics

q2. How do eating habits affect the obesity rate in [country] and how can it affect them in adulthood? —> biology & psychology 

q3. How do eating habits among the lower income group in [country] affect their obesity rates? —> biology & economics

I cannot offer you details of how to modify due to ib rules, but what I can say is you can either change your scope to biological effect of eating habits or the psychological effect of mental development or behavioral development due to eating habits

Hi,

I think q1 is the best one out of all of them since it focuses on a single subject, and will give you a lot to talk about. However, the first part of the question might be too broad so I would suggest you either talk to your supervisor and discard it altogether. If made more specific, the second part of the q1 would serve as a good RQ.

Hope it helped!

17 hours ago, louisa03 said:

I've heard that doing an EE in several subjects usually doesn't work out too well - in general, maybe you could specify "eating habits" a bit more, also make sure that you have lots of sources and statistics for the specific thing you choose

the IB also has an EE syllabus for different subjects as well as generally, so that might be worth checking out

hey thanks for your suggestion but my teacher told me not to do anything healthcare related as it may be difficult getting data from the government :(but thanks anyway!

3 hours ago, MayaJay said:

Hi,

I think q1 is the best one out of all of them since it focuses on a single subject, and will give you a lot to talk about. However, the first part of the question might be too broad so I would suggest you either talk to your supervisor and discard it altogether. If made more specific, the second part of the q1 would serve as a good RQ.

Hope it helped!

hi I’m a little afraid to write an economics ee because it’s one of my weaker subjects so I’m still thinking of more questions but I’ll definitely consider cutting out the first part of the question, thank you!

8 hours ago, bigcauliflower said:

I cannot offer you details of how to modify due to ib rules, but what I can say is you can either change your scope to biological effect of eating habits or the psychological effect of mental development or behavioral development due to eating habits

hello is it because my question is too broad? If so I will most likely not do anything psychology related because I do not take the subject and will have to read up on my own. Thanks for your opinion btw!

4 hours ago, cupcakeandoliveoil said:

hello is it because my question is too broad? If so I will most likely not do anything psychology related because I do not take the subject and will have to read up on my own. Thanks for your opinion btw!

I would agree that your question is too broad, if you focus on the biological question it would be great