IA experiment

Guest twist_boy18

How can i do my stroop effect experiment?? Is anybody else doing its internal assessment about an experiment?? I have no idea of how to make that experiment,

All IA in psychology is about conducting an experiment. :D

First thing off - are you HL or SL? There is a difference there on how you will conduct your experiment.

If you're SL, then all you need to do is to replicate the stroop effect which would be really easy as it is a simple and well-known experiment. Don't know what it is about? Then a simple google search will give you tons of hits ^_^ If you're HL then you must change something in it to make it original. You may keep the basis of the stroop effect (which is about interference ie you would rather read the word instead of the colour, for instance --> red, blue, green) but can change other things such as time differences between the words, reaction time, use other types of words and etc etc.

As for performing the experiment - it all depends on what you are measuring. I've seen some people simply handing out a paper with the experiment and others doing it on power-point in order to control the time.

Edited by Afterglow

Guest twist_boy18

ok!! thanks!! I've searched it and think i found it, but i dont know, it includes like 6 experiments of stroop effect, and i dont know if i have to replicate all of them...

I also want to download the IA guide but it wont allow me.. what do i need??

- You need to read the FAQ

Edited by HMSChocolate

You choose ONE experiment to replicate.

If you're replicating the Stroop Effect, it would be usual to choose his experiment leading to the conclusion of a Stroop Effect.

You need to ask your teacher for the marking criteria. Use that as your guide. Forget any semblance of creativity, and ensure that you more than fulfill the marks.

Ensure that it is simple, and easy to follow.

DO NOT go over the word count.

Include in your appendices: consent form, blank recording sheet (ie a blank of the sheet you used to collect results), results table, stimuli sheet (probably with words and colours that you used to conduct the experiment, or printouts of the PowerPoint slides, etc)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What are you planning to do so far? Do you have any problems with the experiment that you need help/clarification with? Be a little more specific.

I planned to teach 7th grade students simple French words then teach those same words in Spanish and test them on the French.I've already conducted my experiment since I was last on here.