Home workout CAS

Hi guys i need a bit of help since I'm new to the whole CAS experience thing. Since COVID-19 I can't really do much activity for my CAS experience, so I was wondering if working out at home counts as an experience. If so, how can I get a supervisor my family isn't counted as one. Can I get a PE teacher as a supervisor by just taking pictures of my smart watch after the workout as proof? 

Edited by SarahDragon

I think it varies from school to school. I know that my school allows this though, for us we are just required to provided some sort of evidence that we are doing it (like the pictures of your smart watch you mentioned).  So it should be okay as far as CAS goes as a whole, I would just check with whoever is overseeing it at your school to be safe.

• Like 1

alright thank you for helping

On 10/2/2020 at 12:58 AM, SophieSch said:

I think it varies from school to school. I know that my school allows this though, for us we are just required to provided some sort of evidence that we are doing it (like the pictures of your smart watch you mentioned).  So it should be okay as far as CAS goes as a whole, I would just check with whoever is overseeing it at your school to be safe.

alright thank you for helping 

• Like 1

Hi SarahDragon, 

I was facing the same dilemma and so, I contacted my school's CAS Coordinator. She suggested an extended family member (someone who doesn't share the same last name as you), a family friend (an adult, of course), or a PE teacher as a supervisor. If a PE teacher is supervising your home workout, ensure that you provide enough evidence of your progress and proof that you've efficiently reached your goal. As a suggestion, provide some videos and pictures of you working out at home, instead of just pictures of your smart watch so as to add some substantial evidence.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, SarahDragon said:

Hi guys i need a bit of help since I'm new to the whole CAS experience thing. Since COVID-19 I can't really do much activity for my CAS experience, so I was wondering if working out at home counts as an experience. If so, how can I get a supervisor my family isn't counted as one. Can I get a PE teacher as a supervisor by just taking pictures of my smart watch after the workout as proof? 

Hey, only photos are not enough. My CAS teachers says you can film yourself as prove or do it with someone else so the person can confirm that you´ve done it.