Extended Essay Topic - Is my idea going to be too common?

Indiaca

Hey so I have an idea for my Extended Essay that I really, really like but I am afraid is too common. More detail below but the part that I am scared about is that it is to do with the corona virus. Will examiners be expecting everyone to do that and be bored of it? If combining the rest of my idea with the corona virus is not a good idea, any advice or suggestions would be great!

So I play for a womens football club several days a week and football is basically my life. I want to incorporate it in my academics, particularly the Extended Essay. The manager of my football club (who I can contact easily) has many contacts with other football clubs across Europe (Leeds United, Bayern Munich, Sheffield United, +more). With these contacts I could easily set up interviews for amazing primary sources. My idea for topic (economics EE {or business}) is looking at the how COVID-19 has affected football clubs across Europe. This would obviously be more specific as I make my question (specification advice would be amazing! =D ). 

My question is, whether you guys think that doing anything about the corona virus will be too common and that I should go for something more unique, or whether it will be fine. If it isn't unique enough, any suggestions of what I could do about football clubs that is related to economics or business?

THANK YOU!!! =D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think COVID-19 will be very prevelant in EEs this early on, so you're probably good with that aspect of your topic.  It seems like you have some really great connections that will make your essay strong (with the opportunity for interviews), my only advice is to make sure that your essay will be structured to focus on the economic/business aspect of this situation and be sure not to dip into the sciences and the virus too much in that sense.

Good luck though! It seems you've found a subject you're really interested in and passionate about.🙂

11 hours ago, SophieSch said:

I don't think COVID-19 will be very prevelant in EEs this early on, so you're probably good with that aspect of your topic.  It seems like you have some really great connections that will make your essay strong (with the opportunity for interviews), my only advice is to make sure that your essay will be structured to focus on the economic/business aspect of this situation and be sure not to dip into the sciences and the virus too much in that sense.

Good luck though! It seems you've found a subject you're really interested in and passionate about.🙂

Thank you so much! Your advice is super helpful! 🙏