Recommendation Letters for the UK

Chesire_Cat

The counselor talked to the IB students, and she said that if you're going to the UK, you NEED the teacher who teaches the subject you're interested in to write your recommendation letter, and that it should be from an HL, but then she said pretty much the same thing for the US :(

She confused me, so I just wanted to ask your opinion about the differences between a recommendation letter that is going to the UK Universities versus one that is going to the US Universities.

Thanks in advance!

A recommendation is essentially a recommendation. It doesn't make a difference if it's for the US or the UK.

However it has to be from a teacher that knows you pretty well, and not from any teacher. I was applying for A&F and Management last year and this year, but both times I had my English teacher write me the reference because her English was rather polished and sounded way better than what any other teacher could have written.

Depends on your school and how they do the recommendations. We have a school counselor who handles college applications, and she asked several of my teachers to write me recommendations and combined them all into one. That way I got lots of different perspectives.