How do people get VIP status by contribution?

irenesme

How do people gain VIP status before they reach the minimum post count?

It was said in a couple of threads that people who are actively contributing to the site would get VIP’ed.

I’ve uploaded files of some of my past papers plus college essays and posted in the forum (both asking for help, answering questions, and general chatting).

I do see the value of this site and don’t plan on all of a sudden abandoning the site once I get VIP status, but I don’t really see how I will be able to reach the 100 minimum post count with all of my IB and extracurricular activities. I do plan on continuing to contribute even after I graduate, but I feel like I would have been cheated in a way if I am able to access the files and notes on this site after I have already graduated from the IB program and no longer need them.

I’m not trying to attack this forum at all, but I was mostly just curious at how some people are able to gain VIP status before reaching the post count. Do administrators frequently check in on the histories of members to see the files they uploaded, and how much spam comments they have?

Past papers aren't much use as we don't distribute copyrighted material. :P If anyone wants past papers, they should check out freepastpapers.com or whatever the site was.

Admins DO check uploaded content as they often have to merge or move posts to the proper thread.

Anyway, you're almost there! 24 posts shouldn't take that long. (Maybe a week or so?) :P

Ok, I am fine with continuing to post until I get VIP status. It is not something that is vital for me to have.

However, right now, I am in dire need of an example of the Extended Essay preferably one in Group 1 subject.

My school gave me a packet on the EE that instructs on (how to pick a subject, how to pick a topic, responsibilities of the student, how to research, etc. )but it has no sample EE.

So I don't really have any idea on what it is supposed to look like, because it seems that it needs to be in a specific format. Yet, I always thought that it was supposed to just be in a paper format like any other research paper. (many of my classmates think the same).

Now it seems that it needs an abstract, contents page, separate introuction, and some other stuff. I have no idea what these are or how they are supposed to be written.

I checked the freeexampapers website for extended essay examples but I found none.

Sorry, I just realized that this is probably in the wrong topic now. I'm going to repost this in the extended essay area.

Edited by irenesme

Well, like Irene has said.. You are almost there. Hundred posts and that's it. You will become the VIP. I was once at your place. I understand your condition. Wanting for reference and stuff to refer too. I admit that this site has helped me a lot.

Your time will come soon. 24 more posts ... May be you can spend about 6 posts a day. That will take you about four days.

May be you are busy and not have much time to do this. But you should know how to manage your time best, right?

But, of course we do not want people posting just because of the VIP status. If you are really into IB, you will know how to give the best to this site.

Happy posting. :P