Physics EE Simple Question

P13

Hello, all who have clicked on this post

I would like to simply ask you one question about my ee, specifically whether you guys think its tooo simple or not.

So, for my extended essay, I've chosen to do physics (o god), and the sub-topic of astrophysics (double o god),

I have come up with an idea for my ee, which is Investigating how the Luminosity, Mass and Surface Temperature of Main Sequence stars are interconnected. Is this too simple for an ee, or do you guys believe it has the potential to be a good if not decent ee? Oh, and the essay will be a database EE, (creating an experiment, and fitting data to come with some conclusion)

(I won't go over the specifics such as research question and experiment that I will do since I fear plagiarism.) 

As a side note I do want to study astrophysics in university, I know that writing an astrophysics ee in ib is suicidal, but I wanna do it because i believe its a good challenge.

So taking all that into consideration, what do you all think?

Thank you,

- a stranger of the internet

There are simple and complex ways to approach this topic. The more advanced approaches will attempt to find an equation that takes two inputs and predict the third property. 

One advanced way to find correlation between 3+ variables is to introduce dimensionless quantities (eg Reynold's number). They are kind of like percentages but between a group of variables. Important to use physics theories to support your claims rather than to turn this into a purely statistical project. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers! 1