EE

australiANgel

hey everyone,

does anyone know the month, around about, that the EE is due? is it due at the start of the year? middle? end?

ohh i forgot to post that i am from Australia.. does that change the date? do different countries have different dates and months that its due?

also... does anyone also know the due dates for TOK and WLI/2 as well? thanks!

Edited by australiANgel

The IB office needs to have it by March 2009 and the internal deadline will be sometime before that. My internal deadline was February 4th.

Oh I just noticed you're from the other side of the world, so I'm guessing you're a November candidate :angry: , in which case my post does not apply heh.

Edited by __inthemaking

I'm a May candidate and my school's internal deadline was December 12... Ridiculously early, in my opinion, but I guess it's good for the ones who have had problems and needed extensions. (There was a loooot of trouble with the Physics EEs this year.)

OP: Ask your coordinator or supervisor? It's definitely something they would know.

I'm a May candidate and my school's internal deadline was December 12... Ridiculously early, in my opinion, but I guess it's good for the ones who have had problems and needed extensions. (There was a loooot of trouble with the Physics EEs this year.)

OP: Ask your coordinator or supervisor? It's definitely something they would know.

Our school's deadline was even earlier, it was December 4th, no extensions. Otherwise we would have gotten 0's for our semester grade.

Does anyone else have a class for EE and CAS? Our school introduced one this year, I think they should have given us a class for writing personal statements for university instead.

The school needs to hand it in to the IB in March 2009 for May Candidates, and I think September for November Candidates.

The school will have an internal deadline for you.

not really, it's different for each subject and examiner. your IBC basically arranges a date with the external examiner and will have to send it by then. the ABS in Amman usually send them off REALLY early, like Dec. for May candidates! for us our IBC sent them off like mid/end of March! so there's no set date.

I go to a school in Australia as well (Sydney) and last year, the year above us had to hand theirs in sometime during term 3 or 4. I think it was late term 3.

But this year, the school's asking us to hand ours in on Week 7 of Term 1 :) So yeah. Technically it has to be in by September but your school might ask you to hand it in earlier, like ours.

hey everyone,

does anyone know the month, around about, that the EE is due? is it due at the start of the year? middle? end?

ohh i forgot to post that i am from Australia.. does that change the date? do different countries have different dates and months that its due?

Well, from the right side of the Tasman,( :( ) I can tell you that our final date is the 7th Aug and they're going to the IBO a week or so later.

I would presume that it's the same (roughly) for you.

not really, it's different for each subject and examiner. your IBC basically arranges a date with the external examiner and will have to send it by then. the ABS in Amman usually send them off REALLY early, like Dec. for May candidates! for us our IBC sent them off like mid/end of March! so there's no set date.

Yeah there is a fixed deadline. It says so in the Vade Mecum / Handbook of Procedures, I remember is saying the 15th of March for the May session. Obviously some schools prefer to send it off earlier, but the 15th of March is the last last date unless there are extenuating circumstances (like my friend who was stuck in Scotland), then the IB considers an even later date for the remaining candidate.

Edit: EEs / WL1s / ToKs are due on March 15 / September 15.

Samples of IAs are due on the 20th of April.

2008VM1.pdf

Wait, WL's have the same due date as EE and TOK? Argh, I wrote mine in the wrong order so now I have a finished WL2 and no WL1.

Does anyone know the final due dates for May candidates' IA's in other subjects? Like Economics, History and Math?

The next month seems to be full of work for me then. I thought we had until April.

Wait, WL's have the same due date as EE and TOK? Argh, I wrote mine in the wrong order so now I have a finished WL2 and no WL1.

Does anyone know the final due dates for May candidates' IA's in other subjects? Like Economics, History and Math?

The next month seems to be full of work for me then. I thought we had until April.

As I said, the school needs to submit their IAs to the IBO for moderation by the 20th of April. So you do have until April.