History IA

Moini92

Hitler and Mussolini both had youth organizations. You can look at what their aims were for those youth programs. Mussolini had the Balilla, and wanted to teach the boys military values and the girls domestic tasks. Both were supposed to learn subservience and obedience to the state and Fascist program. Mussolini's aims were successful in many ways, partly because he banned Catholic youth organization that were his main competition and made it mandatory for all school age children to join the youth organizations.

You could also look at educational policies in both countries. I can't say anything for Germany, since we didn't study Hitler in class. But Mussolini introduced a single textbook, and banned 101 out of 317 textbooks in Italian schools. The curriculum was also geared towards Fascism. For example, Maths questions went like this: The Glorious Campaign in Abyssinia lasted from 1937-1946. How many years was that? (I'm making up dates btw, I forget when the war actually was). You could also look at Mao's China for this, since they had similar educational policies and they calculated American casualties in WWII against Japan.