IA rules on identification of student?

Sheepsie

Hey guys!

Does IB dislike the possible identification of a student from their IA's?

I'm currently writing a Math SL IA on airplane ticket prices, and I collected data for a specific route connecting my country of residence to my birthplace (in another country). I'd like to provide a rationale in the IA for why I decided to choose those specific countries, but I remember that IB had some kind of policy that restricts students from placing anything that might identify them into their assessments. Although IA's are internally marked, I do remember that they're externally moderated, so maybe they'd want to eliminate bias on that front. 

Bottom line: Is it alright for me to write that I'm a) Canadian and b) from that second country? 

You can write identifying features of yourself if you want to. But you cant identify (eg name-drop) other people not used as a citation. All submitted IAs have implicit underatanding that IB can publish them anywhere giving you credit, and they want to be sure everyone mentioned is ok with them publishing it. So you cant mention other people by name or some clearly identifiable way.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

You can write identifying features of yourself if you want to. But you cant identify (eg name-drop) other people not used as a citation. All submitted IAs have implicit underatanding that IB can publish them anywhere giving you credit, and they want to be sure everyone mentioned is ok with them publishing it. So you cant mention other people by name or some clearly identifiable way.

Thank you very much for the clarification! I won't be namedropping any people, but I do use the names of specific airlines. Would that be okay, or would that trip off IB's sensors?

10 hours ago, AdamHayman said:

Why my message delete? I really want to help, I know a service  essayreviewexpert.com where they can solve your problem and help you, I do not understand it, I am sad.

I did not do it. General members of this site do not have the ability to delete other peoples' comments on threads. However, I totally understand why a moderator would have. I checked out that website you sent, but it is quite obvious to me that it is a website that is directly against the IB policy on plagiarism.

If you were genuinely trying to help, thank you. But even so, please do not link to any sites or services that can get an IB student's diploma taken away.