IBDP subject choice

bibii

Hello everyone 

in the beginning, I would like to say that I am new to IB survival

I am an myp graduate and I have some confusion about my subject choice for DP year 1 

those are the subject that I am sure about taking them 

• HL Economics 
  • HL Business management
  • SL ESS - Environmental Systems and Societies
  • SL French

the thing that is confusing me is maths and English I can't take any of them as an HL subject. They are hard for me to score in theses two, as I come from a background where English is not my first language.

please guide me in this I am really confused, I don't want to take wrong decisions.

If you want a diploma, you would have to have a Group 1 and Math. I would think that most people from India are not among the worst prepared against English or Math. There are 2 main Group 1 courses, "Language and Literature", as well as "Literature". If you lack experience in writing commentaries then Lang/Lit is generally thought to be slightly easier. I don't suppose that English would be significantly more difficult than French, because IB still expect lots of writing in French B, and it's not just grammar like one might assume. 

I want to just point out that many people underestimate difficulty of ESS and it is rare (~1%) to see 7s in that subject. 

• Like 1

Actually, I am not Indian I just study in India

the thing I am worried about is English and maths cause my grades in math are 5s and 6s mostly and none of my batch is taking HL maths. My English grades are 4s and 5s which is not that good I really struggle in English writing although I am good in analyzing investigating and critical thinking. 

Ah my bad, I assumed that if you go to school in India, you would become as prepared for math and English through school.

Maybe switch ESS for Biology HL and take both English and math at SL? I really dont know what you want us to say.

• Like 1