Does simplicity hurt you in a chemistry IA

Elie

Hey guys, 

So we've just started our chem IAs and my IA is on how temperature effects the dissolved oxygen concentration in a sample of water from a lake in my city. I just wanted to ask if that is too simple a chem SL internal assessment topic. 

A reply would be greatly appreciated. 

Pretty sure that's fine, especially since it's SL, as long as in your analysis you can talk about things on the curriculum (kinetics, oxidation, structure etc.)

I'm in HL and I will also be titrating, and most of the ideas of my peers are not unnecessarily convoluted either. It's the report itself that counts.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Jaysun said:

Pretty sure that's fine, especially since it's SL, as long as in your analysis you can talk about things on the curriculum (kinetics, oxidation, structure etc.)

I'm in HL and I will also be titrating, and most of the ideas of my peers are not unnecessarily convoluted either. It's the report itself that counts.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot. Although i'm biology HL as well so I'm going to have to come up with something a little more imaginative. 

Good luck on you IA!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amina13 said:

Just make sure that you'll have adequate data for your analysis. 

P.s. I did not start to my actual Chem IA, but this is what I've been told last year for my mock Chem IA. 

Would you happen to anything about the bio IA, or is it the same? 

Thanks for the reply btw <3

• Like 1