Ram_A

Hi, I need some help in finding a good Maths HL IA topic. For the past few weeks I have been looking for a good Maths Hl exploration related to discrete maths however I failed to find one good one. Some of the things I looked at were the Chinese postman problem, the four color theorem and Travelling salesman problem, however the problem with these is that, I don’t think there is enough content to write 10 pages on them. I would really appreciate if someone could suggest some topic or even some areas that I could look at for Maths Hl IA, preferably related to discrete maths.

Thank you very much!!!

Math IAs are not required to have a minimal length or word count: 6-12 pages range is only recommended. There is no way to measure just how much information can be contained in a single expression/equation. If you enjoy any mentioned topic in particular, then you can easily demonstrate your passion and understanding. You should not try to hide your passion/curiosities as those are part of what the examiners are looking for. To the examiners, saying few sentences of personal and insightful comments is better than retelling the textbook explanations/proofs. You are expected to not only understand what you present, but also engage with it. Engagement and asking questions show understanding.