What to take AFTER I choose to drop math HL

Chinmay Krishnan

Hey guys,

Long story short, Math HL is hard. I'm doing terrible and don't know what to do. I study and all but I missed a month of the subject (personal reasons) and don't have time to catch up.

To the point, If i drop HL math what other subject do I take as HL?

MY SUBJECT CHOICES:

-math HL

-Physics HL

-ITGS HL

-Chem SL

-English SL

-French AB

my school offers BM and economics as well. I don;'t want to take Visual arts. Im interested in computer engineering and mechanics but I know I need math HL for those subjects...

Any help would be appreciated

If you are to no longer take Math HL, you still need to take anther Math course. For the more competitive computer or mechanical engineering, yes you do need Math HL either to satisfy requirements or remain competitive, especially for applying out-of-country. Depending on how much you want to change your schedule, the more sensible options would be to take Chemistry HL instead of SL, or English (Literature or Language/Literature? there's a difference)) HL instead of SL. I would say Chemistry HL and English Literature HL are both very difficult courses, not much simpler than Math HL. You can also take an HL in B/M or Economics instead of Chemistry. Out of the the three, Economics may be easiest (to get a 7) but Chemistry HL can make you more competitive as an applicant.