Is remarking the way to go?

Andrew123

I am 1 point ahead of my diploma. I got 23 points, and fulfilled all the other conditions otherwise. 
I don't feel bad, because even though I put an excruciating amount of effort toward my studies, I did the whole IB in 3 semesters, worked part-time a half of that time, and underwent clinical difficulties that kept me from studying for the entire summer. 

Anyway, the IB results summary says that I am on the very verge of jumping into the next boundary in 3 subjects. That is, for example, in History I have 31 points, and from 32 on you get a 4 overall, instead of a 3. The same situation applies to the other two subjects. As for the individual components, no one of them is farther than 2 marks from the boundary jump. 

This means that I only need the magic to happen in 1 out of the 3 subjects to get my diploma and go on with life. I want to work for a year, so I can improve my grades eventually and in pace across further re-takes. But I do need a school-leaving certificate to even apply to jobs like bartending, in my country. 
I am specially unsatisfied with the grades I got in my Lit WA, and my TOK essay (a 3, what the hell!? - my teacher said he cried when he read it because it was so good). 

Do you believe I am going places? 

Thanks.  

I don't know you well enough but you should definitely get History and the other subjects regraded, depending on how much you are willing to pay. 82 euros per subject is the cost. probably just get two of them regraded, then when you get back the results in a few weeks, you can decide then if you also need to regrade the third to get to 24

1 minute ago, kw0573 said:

I don't know you well enough but you should definitely get History and the other subjects regraded, depending on how much you are willing to pay. 82 euros per subject is the cost. probably just get two of them regraded, then when you get back the results in a few weeks, you can decide then if you also need to regrade the third to get to 24

Time is key for me. If I get my results after September, I will miss my job interview and will have to start the process all over again. Not to mention, I need to be without a job in the meantime until things are fixed up. 

For history, specifically, I got P1 (6) and P2 (10). I only need one of them to score a little higher. 

Do you know about the time the process takes?

7 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

if you submit now, you should able to get results by early August, if not sooner. All papers and other externally marked materials in the subject will be regraded. Regrades are final.

THANK YOU

Do you know if the payment for the Category 1 includes all of the materials for the subject, or if the fee must be paid individually for every component of every subject. (In my school, 120 USD)