Exploration - Statistic: Chart of expenses in a year

rregii

I am in trouble with my exploration. I am over the deadline of choosing a topic, but I am still kind of lost.

What i know about myself that I like statistic the most. As a "hobby", starting from 2015 january I have been writing down all my expenses. I have a full 2015 excel file of every expense of mine, categorizing them such as, food, coffee, clothing, concert etc. I calculated monthly earned money, spent money and the difference of these. 

I do enjoy writing it down, seeing clearly what I spend and what I earn, I also like the calculations I can make in excel (I have an exam certificate of office programs -- i have the hungarian school leaving final exam from IT which consist of mostly office programs)

I, as a girl whose biggest dream is to do something related to fashion and art, for more than a year, every day I wrote down and drew what I wore that day - this could be another topic of statistics. (maybe?)

My question is would it be a good idea to work with these data? 

In school we have not covered the chapter of statistic, so I am not sure yet what I could do with these, could you give me any ideas what can I make out of this topic?

The statistics portion in Math SL covers Descriptive Statistics, Binomial distribution, normal distribution and linear correlation of bivariate data. Based on my experience as an IB trained tutor, linear correlation is a popular area used for Math IAs. Linear correlation is used to  investigate the strength and direction of a two variables by collecting data.

A good IA topic should be based on student's own individual interest which may include current social, economic or environmental problems in the community. This will give you good opportunities for personal engagement. You may like to check if your topic fulfills this requirement. Hope this helps :)

you may like to refer to this link for more tips. http://ibsuper.com.sg/5-tips-to-acing-your-ib-math-exploration/

Edited by ib_super