Growth of plants

qwerty826

Hello,

I would like to ask what plant is suitable to be used to measure its growth in which it is highly responsive towards its water consumption.

Eg: the more water we give the plant, the higher its growth rate.

The plant that you state might not be available in my area but just list a few that you know. I tried hydrilla but its hard to manipulate the variables as this is an aquatic plant.

The measurement of growth might varies between plants like some uses length of leaves, numbers of leaves, height of plant. So please specify if it is not a burden for you.

Please name the plant and scientific name if you know,

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Radish works really well. It germinates within a day, and takes just a few more to grow, and you really only need to water it once for this. You can change any variable, from amount of water to salinity levels of the water, and it will respond very nicely. The only thing I would suggest is that instead of measuring length of the stalk, which can vary simply due to genetic makeup, that you measure how many seeds germinate, or how long it takes for the seeds to germinate, because that it much more reliable data that will most likely not be affected by genetic disposition.

• Like 1