Need help with IA

PyroTarkus

Hi, i´m new to this forum so excuse me if I do something wrong, but I need some help with my internal assessment.

I am planning to do it about the figure of the samurai throughout the Sengoku, Edo and Meiji periods, and I wanted to know if my main question was satisfactory:

"To what measure is the figure of the samurai, as it is portrayed by the media, accurate?"

I would appreciate suggestions if you have any...

Thanks for helping! 

Hi, i´m new to this forum so excuse me if I do something wrong, but I need some help with my internal assessment.

I am planning to do it about the figure of the samurai throughout the Sengoku, Edo and Meiji periods, and I wanted to know if my main question was satisfactory:

"To what measure is the figure of the samurai, as it is portrayed by the media, accurate?"

Thanks for helping! 

I didn't take history.

"Accurate" can mean "exact", "righteous", "true", "detailed", "complete", "unbiased" and a mix of the of the words. You should specify how you intend to measure this accuracy, in your research question. 

Edited by kw0573

Thanks for helping! 

As someone who is taking history, I think your question is too broad. Also, if by 'media' you mean action movies, that's not really history enough for an IA. If you mean propaganda movies, those are fine. (For example, Battleship Potemkin)

Remember, you only have 2000 words to present a plan, facts, OPVLs, analysis, and conclusion. If you tried with your current question you would likely end up with a superficial argument at best. 

Doing something on the Samurai seems doable. The biggest thing I would suggest is that you pick a time period for your Samurai (Sengoku, Edo and Meiji).

• Like 1