Free Online Math SL office hours (Jan 26)

MitchCampbell

Hi there! I'm Mitch, and I'm an IB math and physics teacher. I've made literally hundreds of IB math and physics videos on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CampbellMitch/playlists

I'm doing something that you might find interesting, and it's just for IB Math SL at the moment:

On Jan 26th, I'm offering free 'office hours'. You can show up online and be part of the class. I'll be answering students' questions, and I'll show you some tricks to get ready for your exams, and I'll show you how to solve IB exam questions. I think it sounds like a fun idea - so if you like dumb jokes and want to nerd it out and do some math, join me!

I'm planning on doing this a few times a month, and Jan 26th is the first time.

Interested? Just sign up for it here:

https://studynova.com/office-hours-january/

I'm starting with Vectors this time, but we can do any and all of the other topics on later meetings. The idea here is to help students from anywhere in the world - instead of just my own class, I want to help you! 

Cheers,

Mitch

41764b7ba98a9811531d1076e7c037e6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mitch! 

I really appreciate what you are going to do for us IB kids. Just wondering, I am not having trouble with any unit in math, however, would you be able to answer questions regarding IAs? Would be really helpful as I am in dire need for help... Thanks again!

Thank you so much for this! Will all the sessions be held at that time though? Can't attend due to timezone difference :(

I'm so glad you like the idea - the first session was so much fun - we had some students from the US and from Australia and Germany this time around. No, the times won't always be the same. I'm trying to gauge what works best for me and for other students. 

For example, the next one (Trigonometry) is on Feb 9th, at a different time. Hopefully that works a bit better for you?

-Mitch

Hi Mitch! 

I really appreciate what you are going to do for us IB kids. Just wondering, I am not having trouble with any unit in math, however, would you be able to answer questions regarding IAs? Would be really helpful as I am in dire need for help... Thanks again!

Just ask away if it's an IA question. You can ask here on the forum, or better yet, join us for the next office hour and I can see if I can answer your question(s). IAs can be pretty daunting, especially since you only get one chance at it. The main thing I can suggest is really look carefully at the criteria for marking it. The teachers and moderators have to look at the definitions in the criteria and follow those exactly. So it ends up being like a check list for you - look at the descriptions for the different categories, then look at what you did. Does it fit? 

Cheers, Mitch

Thank you so much for this! Will all the sessions be held at that time though? Can't attend due to timezone difference :(

I'm so glad you like the idea - the first session was so much fun - we had some students from the US and from Australia and Germany this time around. No, the times won't always be the same. I'm trying to gauge what works best for me and for other students. 

For example, the next one (Trigonometry) is on Feb 9th, at a different time. Hopefully that works a bit better for you?

-Mitch

Its at 12am in my country :( Any chance the next one will be on a weekend or at an earlier time? Would love to join your sessions!