Is this a Math Studies IA or more of a Psychology IA

Eve Schick

Hello guys. 

I have a quick question as to what topic my question is, 

What portion of young adult women, who have developed Anorexia Nervosa, was caused by society’s version of the ideal body image?

If I do and show the math in the paper it will work as a Math Studies IA right?

It could count as a math IA if

1. you dont go too much depth into the "ideal body image" part of it. brief mentions of it in the introduction would suffice. Have the rest of your IA focus on the math only, then I might suggest you refer to the societal impacts in your conclusion. Just sprinkles of the psychology part here and there (if that makes sense)

2. Try and add more depth to your IA, because it seems (just from the title of your question) that you're mostly just taking data and dividing it/displaying it in a pie chart to show the portions. Going above and beyond will most likely get you closer to a 7 :)

3. You could talk about the loss of body mass or muscle degeneration rates btw

4. Relate it to real life, other courses you've taken etc. (Make connections!)

Hope this helped.

a math sudies ia is about data handling, finding correlations or causations etc. you are working with numbers to find a relationship bw the numbers

psych ia is when you conduct an experiment then discuss your results

your topic seems pretty hard to approach and your just making it a lot harder than it has to be. i really wouldn't recommend pursuing that topic because its gonna mess you up real bad bro