math studies ia

vansheekamaheshwari

hey peeps

i have got everything for my math IA my topic is "is there any relationship between the weight of a person and pulse rate after excercise"

i need help to pulse rate like any suggestions for an easy way to check it . and please can u guys suggest some excercise that ppl will enjoy doing

thanku in advance !!!

You probably won't find much of a difference over a short amount of time weight wise - if people lost weight that easily we won't have an obesity problem LOL

But pulse is definitely doable! You could monitor heart beats over about 10 seconds or some other short time frame after some exercise. Wait a while, and then take it again. It's essentially beats per minute if you do the calculations (i'll let you figure that out yourself :).

You could model equations, make graphs, and relate it to BMI. I think the general idea (from what I've learned from bio) is that increased BMI = takes longer for the heart rate to slow down.

You could have simple exercises like jumping jacks, picking something up and putting it somewhere else (then repeat to get the heart rate up).

Whatever you do, keep it consistent!

Good luck!