why is getting an A on a physics extended essay so hard?

Nihal

• 4 weeks later...

My previous chemistry teacher told me that the group 4 markers tend to be a little harsher on student that those marking in other groups, probably because many of our research questions have been tackled to death by previous students (though it's only true we can only do so much) and as a result, it seems like we lack in originality of adequate personal engagement. That in itself can cause a negative halo effect on the rest of the EE/IA, which is only aggravated if a common mistake or false assumption is made.

Don't worry, almost everybody told me the same thing ~ I just didn't care :D

Edited by happymelons

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing my EE in physics as well and I asked the same thing to my teacher. What I was told is that they always expect more from us. Like it could have been made better. A better method could have been used, or some other formula could be used to calculate. Then there's language - sometimes the examiners don't think its scientific enough (Idk what that really means, but that that's what I was told).

I think its all about just impressing the examiner. You should write down every single detail about every single thing you do, and present it like a report. That's all I can say. Good luck with your essay! ^.^