How simple can an IA be》

Nihal

So I keep getting told to keep my IA simple, because it's not graded for being groundbreaking or anything. I'm skeptical about this though and I do want a good grade. I'm investigating the viscosity of different liquids and under different conditions. So too simple?:/

I think when people say to you "simple", they mean "specific". Think about it, you are not going to get good data if you do 1 trial each for 20 different conditions, vs doing 20-30 trials for just one or two conditions. The famous oil drop lab to determine the elementary charge is simple, but the data was collected for millions of times around the world.
That being said, you should specific what liquids, what conditions you are investigating. By saying under different conditions, you are basically implying all conditions from bottom of Mariana Trench to middle of Mount Kilimanjaro, obviously not feasible.

Hope that helps :P

EDIT: Under attainable conditions by a high school lab, liquids will not substantially respond to changes in pressure. Just saying.

Edited by kw0573