Nov 2015 Chemistry SL Paper 1 and 2

graceezzz

It's been 24 hours! How did we all find it?

Personally I thought it was reasonable, with some pretty unusual questions in both papers. Wasn't sure about a couple in MC but luckily I guessed right! And paper 2 - I mean structure of ozone???? My teacher says that's HL material, thanks a lot IBO. Fluked that one right too though thank god.

• Like 1

I found the November papers much easier than the May papers I did for practice.

Paper 1 was decent, and the questions weren't too bad at all :)

Which questions did you guys do from Section B in paper 2? For SL, I did question 7 (I think that's the one).. it was on acids and bases. It was pretty easy in comparison to all the other Section B questions. 

• Like 1

I'm HL - structure of ozone is definitely HL and really shouldn't have been in your paper. (It was in our paper as well)

Hey just one question:

There was a question about entropy.. that was in section B was it? I'm in HL btw

Yes, it was Section B. You were given a reaction and some data and had to calculate change in Gibbs' free energy twice by different means. Interestingly enough, I got a negative entropy change despite the phase changes in the reactants implying more disorder, but my delta G values were almost exactly the same so I think I did the calculation right?

• Like 1

I'm HL - structure of ozone is definitely HL and really shouldn't have been in your paper. (It was in our paper as well)

Hey just one question:

There was a question about entropy.. that was in section B was it? I'm in HL btw

Yes, it was Section B. You were given a reaction and some data and had to calculate change in Gibbs' free energy twice by different means. Interestingly enough, I got a negative entropy change despite the phase changes in the reactants implying more disorder, but my delta G values were almost exactly the same so I think I did the calculation right?

Hmph. I can't tell because I didn't do this option but if I recall correctly my friends were talking about a negative entropy or something. I only asked because they told me that the entropy question was in section A which got me paranoid thinking that I might have completely overlooked the question or something. Hahaha, thank you. This is such a relief.