History IA Question Help!

StephenKO

Hello to all, 

I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether this question for my History IA is "worthy". 

"Were the lives of the Russian people better under Lenin's Russia rather than Stalin's?" 

I know it's not great, or perhaps not even possible, but I'm really stuck trying to find a focused investigation question. If anyone could provide some advice that would be fantastic. I really enjoyed studying about Lenin and Stalin so that's why I'd prefer writing my IA on either one them or even both. 

Thanks a million :)

Important Note,

I have given it some thought and have come up with a new question...

"To what extent were Stalin’s Economic policies of Collectivization and Five Year plans a success between 1927 – 1938?"

How is this one? It is more focused and of interest to me. 

Important Note,

I have given it some thought and have come up with a new question...

"To what extent were Stalin’s Economic policies of Collectivization and Five Year plans a success between 1927 – 1938?"

How is this one? It is more focused and of interest to me. 

Yeah, that is a much better question. However, you might want to reword it a bit. Your question implies that collectivization and the five year plans are two separate things, which they were not. Collectivization was part of Stalin's First Five Year Plan. Instead you might reword it to something like ...collectivization in the first Five Year Plan... 

Hope this helps