Applying to NYU Abu Dhabi

Gugo Tadevosyan

Hey Guys,

I'm applying to NYU Abu Dhabi ED1.

I have prediction of 39 out of 42, (776 766). Have quite powerful extracuricullars (Model UN, European Youth Parliament, Red Cross, etc...). Class rank 1 out of 12 and GPA 3.79/4 Unweighted. Have got quite good recommendations from in and outside of my school.

What you think, what are my chances?

Check their entry criteria? That tends to help.

Honestly, I believe that colleges need a bunch of things, your essay and other stuff to make a decision. So it's really kind of hard to decide like this. 

But if you ask me with absolutely no clue, I'd say sounds good. But this is a completely uninformed choice, so it's probably a good idea to ignore it.

Why don't you talk to your counsellor?

Cheers,

King112

Hey Guys,

I have prediction of 39 out of 42, (776 766). Have quite powerful extracuricullars (Model UN, European Youth Parliament, Red Cross, etc...). Class rank 1 out of 12 and GPA 3.79/4 Unweighted. Have got quite good recommendations from in and outside of my school.

Adding on to what King said, those scores look pretty solid. NYU AD is relatively easy to get into, from what I understand from your post, you definitely have a strong chance of getting accepted.

Check their entry criteria? That tends to help.
Honestly, I believe that colleges need a bunch of things, your essay and other stuff to make a decision. So it's really kind of hard to decide like this.
But if you ask me with absolutely no clue, I'd say sounds good. But this is a completely uninformed choice, so it's probably a good idea to ignore it.
Why don't you talk to your counsellor?
Cheers,
King112

My counselor is an accredited counselor of NYU Abu Dhabi and I have already got a nomination from her for NYU AD. She says that I have a good chance. Let's hope for the best :wish:

Hey Guys,

Adding on to what King said, those scores look pretty solid. NYU AD is relatively easy to get into, from what I understand from your post, you definitely have a strong chance of getting accepted.

Thank youuuu !!! I am sending my application tomorrow ! Wish me Luck :runrun::D

Well, technically, NYU AD even accepts national diplomas, thus an IB diploma is already an advantage.

Your grades are quite reasonable, plus other auxiliary documents and participation papers will be of help.

If you attach any additional test scores, i.e. IELTS/TOEFL, SAT, SAT II, which are not requisites for you (at all), you would surely have a bolder chance.

A lot more depends on your essays!

By the way, are there any NYU-accredited counsellors from Armenia? Didn't find one. :P

NYU AD is fairly facile to get into, what you might now need is a scholarship! They have a ridiculously expensive tuition of until $70,000.

You do stand a very good chance. (You're nominated as well.)

Keep your hopes up and don't limit yourself to just one university; even Oxbridge accepts 776 at HL!

Best of luck!

Edited by Veo

Well, technically, NYU AD even accepts national diplomas, thus an IB diploma is already an advantage.

Your grades are quite reasonable, plus other auxiliary documents and participation papers will be of help.

If you attach any additional test scores, i.e. IELTS/TOEFL, SAT, SAT II, which are not requisites for you (at all), you would surely have a bolder chance.

A lot more depends on your essays!

By the way, are there any NYU-accredited counsellors from Armenia? Didn't find one. :P

NYU AD is fairly facile to get into, what you might now need is a scholarship! They have a ridiculously expensive tuition of until $70,000.

You do stand a very good chance. (You're nominated as well.)

Keep your hopes up and don't limit yourself to just one university; even Oxbridge accepts 776 at HL!

Best of luck!

I will get my IELTS results on Nov 6. Thanks for encouraging :D 

P.S. Yeah, my counselor was invited to NYU AD last year and now is the only person that connects Armenia with NYU AD directly.

• Like 1