Studio Work - Video?

Madiha Rehmath

Hey guys. I was wondering if the studio work that counted for our final IA in May 2016 only encompasses fine art and clay models, or can I make a kinetic typography video as well? Would digital wallpaper designs also count as one studio work? And for our process portfolio is it necessary to have been inspired by an artist? We currently don't have a VA teacher and we're only done with two studio works so far, so I could really use the help. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

if VA is still the same as I last took it (I've heard there's been a slight restructure?), video art totally counts! I submitted a piece that was purely video for one of my 13 pieces. 

Erm, not entirely too sure about digital wallpapers, but I've heard of graphics being submitted so I guess it's not a too far-flung prospect.

As for the process portfolio, I looked it up and it seems pretty much to be what was my IWB! You don't necessarily have to be influenced by an artist, but I think you will find that as your work naturally progresses, artists will provide you inspiration and ideas, and of course it's something you should write down in your PP :) 

Best of luck!

Pop me a message if you need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much! The slight restructure is just the PP and the Comparative Study, and thank you for letting me know that videos count - this can help me finish two works easily. That was kind of the doubt I had with the PP lol...like I don't really know what the difference is between the PP and our workbook because they ask us to maintain both :o Thanks again, though!