Questions regarding Management Engineering

Akash Mokashi

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing the IBDP program. I will be writing my exams in May 2016. I was looking at the requirements for Management Engineering at University of Waterloo and other Canadian universities and had a question.

My subjects are :
Geography (HL)
Maths (HL)
Physics (HL)
Business and Management (HL)
English (SL)
French ab initio (SL)

One of the requirements for Management Engineering is Chemistry, but I have not taken chemistry (as my school doesn't provide it). Does that mean that I’m not applicable for this program? 

Thanks to anyone who replies! :)
Edited by Akash Mokashi
  • Like 1

Email them and ask them if they allow you to join without chemistry. I was also in a similar situation as yourself (as I don't take Chemistry and was trying to go to Canada), and I emailed Waterloo and some other Unis about my Issue. However I had a strong IGCSE Chemistry score and they agreed to substitute that over my lack of IB Chemistry.

Though you are a bit unlikely to get accepted if you have never taken Chemistry before, you can always email them. Some make exceptions if you are shown as a very strong student.