I am new to IB and recently we have been issued with reflection papers

SNF

Hello there.

Today we were given out reflection papers during our CAS period. I don't understand the concept of it because our coordinator didn't really go through it. Does it mean that everyday if I involve in an activity, service or action I should complete a reflection? And on my refection paper, there is a box saying "TOTAL HOURS SPENT ON THIS PROJECT UNTIL NOW." Today I engaged in traditional dancing and it was my first time trying it out so therefore what does fill inside this box? Thank you :)

The number of hours that you do is arbitrary, it doesn't matter and in no way you need to count each and every hour for CAS. But you do need to write reflections and how the activity you did changed you as a person. If your school doesn't use an online service like Managebac then I would probably wait until I complete my activity as a whole, and just stick in supplementary reflections and then fill in the total hours I spent

Each school prepares its own CAS forms that your coordinator will look at. They will then determine whether the activity was ok or not. As far as I know, the reflection should include the things that you learned from the activity, maybe a little bit of a summary, and why it fits into the mindset of CAS. If possible also try to link the activity back to the IB learners profile and you should be fine.

• Like 1

The number of hours that you do is arbitrary, it doesn't matter and in no way you need to count each and every hour for CAS. But you do need to write reflections and how the activity you did changed you as a person. If your school doesn't use an online service like Managebac then I would probably wait until I complete my activity as a whole, and just stick in supplementary reflections and then fill in the total hours I spent

Can you expand a little bit on the Managebac part. Our school uses it but I don't know how to actually complete the CAS reflections online.

So, Managebac is basically the easy way for your supervisor to track your reflections.

Managebac > login > IB Manager > CAS > Add CAS activity > click on CAS activity > Add Reflections and Evidence > Choose which objective you completed in that session > Write!

It's pretty simple, really.

Edited by Guest