just how to tackle tricky math sums.... like my basics are clear but in HL they twist the sums 

for eg. in AP and GP they will give a sum where both are applied. thats where i get confused.

Hmmmm... I think I know what you are trying to say. You simply have to read carefully what you are given and deduce where exactly arithmetic and geometric progressions start and end. Actually, it depends on the question you are looking at. So, that be great if you could find a problem you are struggling with because then I could explain to you on this example how to deal with such mixed questions. 

One of the problems with HL math is how they twist the problem to make it harder. Concept wise the math is very objective.

I had this question on my mock to deduce another question from the actual question to solve it. It just comes along with the course, so there's nothing more you can do other than reading the question clearly and dealing it with a cool mind

• Like 1