Hi,

I'm an international student who is starting IB Courses and is planing to attend to Stockholm University. However, I do not know if Stockholm University will accept me if I take Math Studies.

I have tried to search on their website but they don't really say much... Does anyone know if they accept international students with a Math Studies SL instead of Math SL? PLEASE HELP!!!

You're right, they say very little about entry requirements. I even browsed through the site in Swedish, but I found nothing. I think they might not have strict requirements then? If you're worried, you might want to contact the uni and find out because that's the best way to be sure. 

Hi,

I'm an international student who is starting IB Courses and is planing to attend to Stockholm University. However, I do not know if Stockholm University will accept me if I take Math Studies.

I have tried to search on their website but they don't really say much... Does anyone know if they accept international students with a Math Studies SL instead of Math SL? PLEASE HELP!!!

Alright, perhaps my answer here will be more detailed than you actually need, but I just want to tell you all about the entry requirements at Stockholm University (& eventually all universities in Sweden).

Before reading the info below, I suggest you to look at this pdf first: ib-eng-2014-or-later.pdf . It contains almost all the info that you need.

So there are 3 different things that might affect your chance of getting into a Swedish university

1. The subjects that you chose in IB (to fulfill the general & specific entry requirements)

• Specific entry requirements for Stockholm University vary for different programs. You should search for your favourite programs here (but make sure that you search it in Swedish, otherwise you can only see the programs that are taught in English). And this site will provide everything that you need for the entry requirements.
  • For example, let's say that you want to do physics at Stockholm University, then you need to have "Mathematics 4" (i.e. Mathematics D). But if you look at the pdf above, then IB Maths Studies can only be converted to "Mathematics 3b", so obviously you will be disqualified for the physics program at Stockholm University.
  • But let's say that you want to do law at Stockholm University, then it doesn't matter which level of IB maths you did, because mathematics isn't an important entry requirement for law.

2. The total IB point that you have (fulfilling the entry requirements isn't enough; you must also have a high total IB point in order to compete with other students)

• Your total IB point will be converted automatically to the Swedish grade system (called the "antagningspoäng"). The scale is from 1 to 22.5 (including the merit points, which you can get a maximum of 2.5). You can take a look at this link to see how you can convert the IB point to the antagningspoäng
  • Here is the link to how many antagningspoäng you need for the programs at Stockholm University. Remember that this is only for this year.

3. Högskoleprovet (This is totally optional, kinda like the SAT, but the test is in Swedish though. It's used to increase your chance of getting into university in case that your total IB point is low)

• This test contains 2 parts, the Swedish part, & the Mathematics part. Like the SAT, the mathematics part is super easy, but the Swedish part is super hard (even for the native speakers). But the good thing is that it's not necessary if you have high total IB point.
  • See more about this test here

Hope this helps! If you have further questions, feel free to ask!

• Like 2