Hi, so I'm currently a 10th grader who studies in International School Manila and I'm planning to take IB next year. I've already made my choices for most of the IB groups however I'm having trouble choosing a subject for group 2. 

As I am taking A English Lit.  SL, I am now trying to choose a course for my 2nd language. Being Filipino, I am fluent in the language however I have also been studying Mandarin Chinese for around 8-10 years coming from a Chinese school. Would you think taking Filipino A2 would be more beneficial for me as I would obtain a bilingual diploma or would taking Chinese B be a better choice as I have no problems speaking the language and from what I've seen, more recognized in universities around the world. 

Thanks!

I think you should take Chinese, so you would have the diploma. What you should do is look for an institution where you can take an intenational exam for Filipino, so you can have a certificate for that language too. I am doing that for English and German and in the future I plan to do that for French too!

I will take Spanish HL, English HL and French AB in the school. Also I´ll take the TOEFEL for English, A1 for French (A2, if posible) and B1 for German.