Help on History IA/Suffragettes

SuviSofian

Hi all

this is my first time posting to IB survival, but since I've found the site helpful in the past I thought I'd ask for help from here... :) So, I'm an IB1 student currently working on my Historical Investigation (Our deadline for this is May 24th), and my research question is going to be something along the lines of "Why did the women's suffrage -movement in the U.K. turn to more violent methods to obtain the enfranchisement after the turn of the 20th century?". What do you think of the question? My teacher says the topic is suitable but I'm worried that I won't get enough out of it. (I would be focusing on the Suffragettes specifically, so not going to the Suffragists or the Women's Freedom League to a great extent)

I'm also slightly worried about sources... So far I've looked up several articles that do state what the suffragettes actually did, but I struggle in finding anything that actually states why they resorted to these violent methods. I found one web page that stated several plausible reasons, but it didn't have any sources so I don't think I'll be able to use that... :/ 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Well, for sources you could I guess look at speeches of leaders, memoirs that kinda thing? Since they are primary sources, you should be able to figure out what was going on.

I'm not totally sold on the quesiton, but IDK why, so its probably just me, so ignore that.

Hope I helped

I think you need to figure out a brief outline as to what you would write about first...and if you can't find enough then rephrase the question so that you can get more out of it.

As for sources, well I think you should play around with the question first, and then we can help you again.