Math Studies IA struggle

Okay, So I've been considering doing my internal assessment on an analysis over how many times a certain word is used across a movie series. But my teacher won't answer me as to whether or not this is an appropriate topic, so I was hoping someone on here could help me out. 

Ex. How many times Harry Potter is said throughout the series. 

This data would be recorded by me, observing the movies, and recording it, possibly getting a copy of the script if necessary to compare the difference between scripts to actual movie. I mean those things are pretty easy to get your hands on. And then like writing about how the plots of a movie can affect which thought to be common words are said throughout the films and idk I'm really struggling to come up with something. 

I'm not sure where to post a new question (I'm new here) so I thought I would at least post it somewhere relevant. So for the collected data/information section for the Math IA, can you use someone else's graphs? Not for your actual calculations, just for the raw data you find. I was going to make my own but I realized they would basically be the same graphs and tables anyways. So is it possible for me just to past a picture of a graph in my info section as long as I cite it?

I'm not sure where to post a new question (I'm new here) so I thought I would at least post it somewhere relevant. So for the collected data/information section for the Math IA, can you use someone else's graphs? Not for your actual calculations, just for the raw data you find. I was going to make my own but I realized they would basically be the same graphs and tables anyways. So is it possible for me just to past a picture of a graph in my info section as long as I cite it?

How can your raw data be the same as someone else's? What kind of data are you collecting. Either way, graphs are a way of visually representing YOUR data, and I think they award you marks for them so, no, I wouldnt advise using other people's graphs. What work would you be doing? I used charts to show Critical value tables for my statistical analysis and I cited them, but that was just to show where I selected the value from.

one of the criteria requires you to do your own mathematical processes so no not a good idea

• 2 weeks later...

I am struggling with how I should do my mathematical calculations for my math IA.  I am comparing gross domestic product (GDP) and infant mortality rate (IMR) in the United States and in Afghanistan. I'm using the GDP and IMR from 2003 and 2013 for both countries to show the different  rates over time. My teacher suggested using a line of best fit for my calculations, but I am not sure how to do that with my data. I also am not sure how I would do a t-test, which was also suggested. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could use my data for those types of tests because I am very confused.